XXVI World Road Congress - Abu Dhabi 2019
The XXVIth World Road Congress was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab
Emirates,from 6 to 10 October 2019, under the theme
"Connecting Cultures - Enabling Economies".
This Congress was organised in close cooperation between PIARC (World Road Association), responsible for the content and implementation of the programme, and the Ministry of Transport of Abu Dhabi, in charge of the material organisation of this Congress on behalf of the United Arab Emirates.
The XXVIth World Road Congress was held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the United Arab Emirates. The Congress was supported by the Federal Transport Authority and the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, to name just the two main supporting entities.
The Congress attracted 42 Ministers of Transport, 7 keynote speakers, 150 exhibitors, over 5,000 delegates from 145 countries. They were treated to a programme of 75 sessions and workshops, 500 oral presentations, 243 posters.
This site presents the final proceedings of the Congress
It contains :
- The general report of the Congress, prepared by GHD under contract with the Ministry of Transport of Abu Dhabi on behalf of the United Arab Emirates,
- The Congress programme, including the technical programme and accompanying persons' programme,
- The introductory reports and conclusions of the sessions,
- Individual papers selected by the Technical Committees and Task Forces from the proposals received to the call for papers,
- National reports produced by PIARC member countries for the strategic direction sessions,
- PIARC 's activity report for each of the years since the last World Road Congress in Seoul in 2015.
On behalf of the Association, I would like to thank all those without whom this Congress would not have been such a success: the authors of the papers, the facilitators of the sessions and workshops, the Chairmen, Secretaries and members of our Technical Committees and Task Forces, the exhibitors, visitors and delegates, our steering bodies and finally, the Ministry of Transport of Abu Dhabi, in charge of the material organisation of this Congress on behalf of the United Arab Emirates, its operational service provider, the company ESL, and their sponsors.
PIARC (World RoadAssociation)
History of the World Road Congresses
1908, Paris - 1910, Brussels - 1913, London - 1923, Seville - 1926, Milan - 1930, Washington - 1934, Munich - 1938, The Hague - 1951, Lisbon - 1955, Istanbul - 1959, Rio de Janeiro - 1964, Rome - 1967, Tokyo - 1971, Prague - 1975, Mexico - 1979, Vienna - 1983, Sydney - 1987, Brussels - 1991, Marrakech - 1995, Montreal - 1999, Kuala Lumpur - 2003, Durban - 2007, Paris - 2011, Mexico - 2015, Seoul