FORESIGHT SESSION 10. "CONNECTED & AUTONOMOUS MOBILITY: IS OUR ROAD NETWORK READY? "
Oct. 8, Tuesday. 14:00-17:30
Conference Room C
Chair: Dr. William SOWELL, Chairman, International Road federation (IRF) Committee on ITS, Interim President, Eberle Design Inc (EDI), USA
Mobility services are expected to undergo spectacular changes within the next two decades with the introduction and widespread use of connected and autonomous vehicle technology. However, the transition phase from human driving to self-driving will be gradual, requiring incremental interventions on the physical and digital road network to allow it to cope with mixed vehicular traffic. Designed to support an interactive dialogue with local government leaders and highway agency executives, this panel will offer a strategic review of deployment scenarios and engineering measures that are being developed by the road sector to assist this transition process, and ensure that public benefits from connected vehicles and shared mobility are maximized.
• Dr. William SOWELL, Chairman, International Road federation (IRF) Committee on ITS, President, Eberle Design Inc (EDI), USA
How is Europe facilitating and accelerating connected and automated driving?
• Dr. Stephane DREHER, Senior Expert ERTICO, Belgium
Transport models for the coexistence of automated and conventional vehicles (CoExist)
• Mr Andrea PETTI, Regional Director, PTV Group, United Arab Emirates
Preparing road infrastructure for mixed vehicle traffic flows (Inframix)
• Mr. Martin RUSS, Managing Director, AustriaTech, Austria Operations/Intelligent Transportation Systems, Austria
Transition Areas for Infrastructure-Assisted Driving (TransAID)
• Dr. Jaap VREESWIJK, Traffic Architect Connected & Automated Driving, MAP traffic management, Netherlands
Break 15:30 - 16:00
Are cities ready for autonomous drivers?
• Mr Andrew BEVAN, Smart Mobility Director, Parsons Middle East, United Arab Emirates
Will autonomous cars make roads safer?
• Mr Rik NUYTTENS, President ERF, Connected Roads & Regulatory Affairs Manager EMEA region, 3M, Belgium
Pavement markings for machine vision
• Dr. Paul CARLSON, Chief Technology Officer, Road Infrastructure, Inc., USA
The Connected Intersection
• Dr. John E. SHEARER, Vice President-Business Development, Eberle Design Inc (EDI), USA
• Dr. William SOWELL, Chairman, International Road federation (IRF) Committee on ITS, Interim President, Eberle Design Inc (EDI), USA