TC E.2 "ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS IN ROAD OPERATIONS"
Oct. 10, Thursday . 08:00-11:30
Conference Room A
Chair: Dr. Helen MURPHY, Chair of PIARC TC E.2, Australia
During these technical sessions, each of the Technical Committees and Task Forces will present their achievements over the current work cycle (2016-2019). Some papers from the international call will also be presented by their authors.
Accomplishments of Working Groups
Best Practice Guide to Air Quality in Relation to Road Operations
• Mr. Rob HANNABY, Member of PIARC TC E.2, New Zealand
Traffic Noise - Best Practice Guide
• Mr. Jakob FRYD, Member of PIARC TC E.2, Denmark
Development of Traffic Noise Management and Multifunctional Eco-friendly Noise Reduction in Korea
• Dr. Young-In KWON, Member of PIARC TC E.2, South Korea
Questions and Answers
PIARC Dictionary - Environmental Terminology
• Mr. Daniël VERFAILLIE, Belgium Road Research Centre, Belgium
Break 09:30- 10:00
Environmental Considerations and Creating Resilient Communities
Environmental and Architectural Requirements in DesignBuild Contracts for Road Construction
• Ms. Kajsa STRÖM & Mr. Tobias SAHLMAN, Swedish Transport Administration, Department of Technology and Environment, Sweden
Observatory of wildlife mobility and mortality on roads in Mexico
• Mr. Juan Fernando MENDOZA SANCHEZ, Instituto Mexicano del Transporte, Mexico
Consistency of Geometric Layout and Reduction of Emissions on Roads.
• Mr. Juan Carlos CASTILLO BARRANCO, Technical Department Roads, Bridges and Special Structures, Acciona Construct., Spain.